Followers

WELCOME

Welcome to the Order of the Opus Gluei!!!

New challenges every two weeks and open to YOUR interpretation - all art forms are welcome!

Come and play with us!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Challenge #118. Thanks for being YOU

I hope you will see this challenge as fun and freeform - interpret this theme

THANKS FOR BEING YOU
as it strikes you. 

Perhaps you want to focus on Thanks and make something with that in mind, or Thanksgiving
 or make a project that is so you, just your style as it were...it is all good!

Celebrate what makes you and your work special and oh, so you!

Here at Opus Gluei we are thankful you like our challenges enough to play with us
and we love love love to see your creativity shine through!

Rosemary here - the inspiration for this challenge came from a sweet Thanksgiving card I received last year from Jana that said just that - Thanks for being you.  I thought it was so kind of her (she's so sweet like that!)

I made a Thanksgiving banner last year that I liked but didn't LOVE, wasn't feeling it for the item. 
So, I decided it was time for a DO-OVER!
I like it even better this time.  This was created with my Cricut, Plantin and Celebrations cartridges, and the most wonderful, colorful, fun paper pad from DCWV - Harvest Gathering

You might say - oh my, that's a craptacular amount of pattern and stuff, Rosemary. 
Yep, and that's okay - because you have to make something YOU like
This is the kind of fun project that lets you pull out your buttons, bling, just about anything your heart desires


Let's see what all the poobahs have come up with for this challenge!



 Deena here - we have finished all of our Thanksgiving stuff here in my neck of the woods (I like that we do it early and space out the turkey and visits a little)...but there is always a need for a thank you card somewhere, so I whipped this one up just in case...I love these little felt trees, I think they are just darling (and I waited ever so patiently to be able to pick them up on clearance...the best part of all)...the picture is a little dark, but winter has arrived as of this weekend (big time)...something I really am not thankful for...and it just seems that it finally gets light out and an hour later it is dark and cold and snowy...probably a bit of an exaggeration, but brrr...and it is not even close to the shortest day of the year...


Electra here -  Tis the season to be thankful.  If I had to make a list, it would go on forever.  (My fellow Poobahs would be at the top, but don't tell them.)
I made a simple card.  Simple because my mojo seems to have gone out for Thanksgiving dinner and not returned, and simple because, well,  that's how it turned out.

I live in the same neck of the woods as Deena, so I too have eaten my turkey and put all the good china away. Having said that, any day is a good day for gratitutde, don't you agree?

  
Gini here -  
Flowers are so often given as a thank you gift so I made a card using the fabulous Paper Artsy stamps Hot Picks 1004 and their set of steampunk moth stamps.
I used the wrinkle free technique using Inkadinks from the bright range and over-sprayed with a silver shimmer spray for the flower, stem and leaves, and Cosmic Shimmer watercolour paints for the moth.




Jana here: There is so very much in my life for which I am grateful. Mostly I am thankful that the people I know and love are who they are. To honor that feeling I present this little card:



Here's hoping you enjoy our little challenge and decide to play
along - Thanks for being YOU!

You have until the end of Saturday 3 December to join in with your fabulous creation celebrating showing gratitude. Add your blog post address to Mr Linky below.
If you would like to join in with a previous challenge we've set (life happens and lateness is absolutely fine, we don't mind a bit) just add your blog post address to Mr Linky below. Please make sure your blog post refers to the previous challenge you are entering so we don't get confused. 
We look forward to visiting you!


1 comment:

Jaluza Scrap said...

Projetos maravilhosos e inspiradores.
Grande abraço.